On Wednesday 30th October 2019, the Chairman of the Council of University of Dar Es Salaam (UDSM) Judge Damian Lubuva (Retired) visited the Model Training Farm as part of his visit to Sokoine Univeristy of Agriculture (SUA).
He was accompanied by the Vice Chancellor of UDSM Prof. William Anangisye, the Chief Corporate Counsel Dr. Saudin Mwakaje and other officials.
The Vice Chancellor of SUA Prof. Raphael Chibunda and the Principal of College of Agriculture explained to Judge Lubuva and his entourage the concept of the Model Training Farm, objectives, plans and expectations.
Judge Lubuva commended efforts by SUA to establish the Model Training Farm and expressed his wish that Tanzanian farmers would visit the farm to learn appropriate agricultural practices. He also expressed his wish that extension agents and other agricultural practitioners would use the farm as a retooling center.
Learn more about SUA Model Training Farm in the following links:
- Model Training farm committee holds its 1st meeting
- The Horticulture Unit: a cornucopia of plants
- Results of grape varieties trial at the SUA model training farm
- Model Training Farm Updates - September 2019
- About SUA Model Training Farm